Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Journey to the past – searching were I started



After 5 years of living independently in Manila, I finally did it.

When I was in college, I often dream about this small park in Manila where my mom carries me around when I was very young. There’s this white dog that kept on barking near the paved garden with white painted rings on the side. It felt so real.

I realized that it was a memory from my infant period triggered by something. Somehow that memory has reserved a spot in my tiny hypothalamus!*haha (*I think that’s the part of the brain that stores memory) It has to be the place where mama and papa lived 2 months before they decided to migrate in Dipolog City and raise a family. That’s also when I told myself that someday I’ll go back to that place.

And so my adventure begins with my birth certificate…

Homesickness made me awake last night. Hoping to exhaust myself, I exerted effort in cleaning my room. While doing the *unkeenly deed, I saw my old certificate of birth. I know its there but I never really paid attention on the details.



That was the first time I learned the name of the hospital (DJFMH) and the exact time I was born (2:30 PM). My mama’s address was also there when they stayed in Manila. It made me think of the wild idea once I had to search my past. I found 3 clues in the birth certificate. Those are:

- 24-2 Teachers Bliss, Balintawak QC
- DJFMH
- Lady of the Holy Rosary

I searched for the clues and found Teachers Bliss Subdivision and Dr Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital. My mama told me that I can find the Holy Rosary Cathedral in Montalban Rizal.

Earlier, I went on a great journey to the past!

24-2 Teachers Bliss, Balintawak QC

I searched balintawak for Teachers Bliss and after a few turns with the cab driver I was able to locate the village.


I just know that this was the park in my dreams. Its now full with plants and the white arc rings was gone.


Unfortunately, I was not able to get in since a new family is now living in the apartment.

Lady of the Holy Rosary

I travelled an hour from Cubao QC to Montalban Rizal just to see this place. The feeling was amazing. I can imagine the baptismal photo from my mom while inside the church! (*gives me goosebumps)







I have visited the place where I was baptized/


I ate Adobong Manok, and pinakbet in Lina Carenderia near Holy Rosary Church.

Dr Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital

I took the LRT line 2 Katipunan-Recto route to get to this hospital. I then took a cab unconsciously knowing that Fabella Maternity Hospital is just a hundred meters away from the station. *haha


Meet Jose Fabella, in memory of this great contribution and keen sense of service to the public, this hospital is name herewith (*not kidding.. its written in the scriptures)




Patron of the new born child


I have visited the place where I was born!


I took a cab after and arrived back home around 7:30 PM. The experience was great. Visiting the past made me understand that no matter where life takes us, we will always have our tracks somewhere. Just like a footprint in the sand, that guides us to go further and not back or sideways...:P